Hasn’t it been a welcomed change to embrace the warmer weather and enjoy the longer evenings?? – THANK YOU daylight savings! Well, Spring has sprung and so too has the new season of fashion trends. Put away all of those heavy dark knits and coats; it’s time to bring on the lighter coloured hues.
The key FASHION PIECES for Summer (if you’ve not already seen them on the street) are as follows:
- A statement sleeve – think bell sleeves and ruffles;
- Mules – if you love a heel or slides for stylish comfort;
- Neutral tones – think a lightweight, transeasonal trench coat;
- Floral Prints – floaty lightweight dresses;
- Chambray – soft denim shirt or shorts; and
- A well fitted blazer.
As for MAKE UP and BEAUTY trends:
- Unkempt hair – perfect for those…like me…who love a messy top knot or if you like to wear it out, grab some sea salt spray (try Bumble and Bumble surf spray) for added texture to those loose waves;
- Supernatural glow – head straight to Mecca for a highlighter to complete the dewy minimalist finish or another personal favourite of mine, Trilogy Rosehip Oil; and
- A pop of colour for the lips – I love MAC Lady Danger but ask a consultant for the best colour recommendation to compliment your skin colour.
- If your working hours don’t allow you the luxury of gradually building up that sun kissed look; try ModelCo natural tan (best applied with a mit). With the refreshing smell of coconut and the added benefit of a hydrating tanned lotion, that won’t stain your clothes or bed sheets, you’d be crazy not to use it.
Lastly, whilst it’s almost Melbourne Cup time, I thought I’d make my pick early; a Spring fashion pick that is. It’s a fitted blazer over a t-shirt or singlet with a pair of denim shorts. A conservatively edgy look that can be easily dressed up with your favourite heels for an afternoon/night out or alternatively, pair it with slides for brunch or shopping on the weekend. Remember, if your shorts need to be rolled up slightly, make sure you roll them up at an angle so that the slightly higher angle is on the outer thigh. This elongates the leg so that while you may not have Giselle Buchan’s legs for days…you can at least try and create the illusion of them.